2023 ESQHA YEAR END AWARD CRITERIA
1) Owner of horse must be an ESQHA member.
2) Horse must be registered with AQHA.
3) Points will not count before membership date; to be verified by cancelled check and/or postal date.
4) If a horse is sold; points will go with the horse (open) and continue if the new owner is a member or at the date the owner becomes a member.
5) Youth rules will be set by ESQHYA and may differ from ESQHA.
6) Amateur exhibitor must be an ESQHA member for points in amateur classes.
7) Amateur select may indicate that all their points amateur or select be counted as select or amateur. All points will be combined one way or the other unless advised by member.
8) ESQHA Shows: Spring Into Summer and The Sizzler will be TRIPLE pointed and The Fall show will be DOUBLE pointed.
9) ESQHA will point shows held in New York State between January 1 thru September 30, if requested in a timely manner, (minmium of 30 days prior to show) (request must be mailed or emailed on appropriate form to ESQHA1962@gmail.com) ** REQUEST MUST BE IN WRITTING; NO VERBAL REQUEST WILL BE GRANTED ** – as long as they are not held on the same dates as one of ESQHA or ESQHYA shows. Stand alone special events are excluded.
10) ESQHA will compile points from a copy of the official AQHA results. These must be forwarded to ESQHA secretary within ** 10 DAYS OF THE SHOW ** AT ESQHA1962@gmail.com. Any corrections must be forwarded to ESQHA secretary. No changes and/or results will be accepted past September 30th. If the show results are not forwarded to ESQHA within 10 DAYS, the show will not be pointed the following year. It is not the responsibility of ESQHA to acquire the points from a show or from AQHA. We point the show as a courtesy. If the points are not submitted, ESQHA will count the points towards the year end awards and will post on our website that they are not included and why (that they weren’t submitted by the horse show)
11) To qualify for a ESQHA year end award an exhibitor and/or horse must show (NOT PLACE) in a respective class at least 7 times at an ESQHA show – (ESQHA Spring Into Summer, Syracuse, NY; ESQHA The Sizzler, Horseheads, NY and/or ESQHA Fall Show, Syracuse, NY).
12) Points will be awarded for one point for each horse the exhibitor and/or horse defeats, plus one point for the exhibitor. Placings will count from first to tenth.
**Example: (17) in class; first place is 17 points; at an ESQHA or ESQHYA show it would be 34 points. Five in class; first place is 5 points at an ESQHA or ESQHYA show it would be 10 points. One in class; first place is 1 point; at an ESQHA or ESQHYA show it would be 2 points.
13) Halter: Grand Champion of the sex division shall be awarded one point more than any other horse in its division. Reserve champion will receive as many points as any other horse in its division, except grand.
14) Arrangements must be made to pick up awards if not attending banquet. Awards will be retained for 6 months; after that point the rights to the awards will be forfeited back to ESQHA. *** AWARDS WILL NOT BE SHIPPED ***
15) Open trail riding and open show awards have their own set of rules. Contact point keeper for rules and forms.